Friday 21 November 2008

My Top Travel Photo


I went travelling back in 2007 for four months and touched down in 4 continents. I took over 2500 photos and printed them all costing only £60 which I thought was quite a bargain. However, the photos of Niagara Falls at sunset stood out above the rest as being the most stunning, and I am actually quite proud of the shot.

It was taken from the American side looking over to Canada, and shows the American Falls on a very crisp winters evening in December. I use a normal point and shoot camera, so nothing flashy (no pun intended), but think I got as good a result as any SLR. At the risk of sounding a bit pretentious and artsy fartsy, I do like the way the fading light catches the spray coming off the falls.

The picture beat close contenders from the Grand Canyon at sundown, a view of the mountains across Lake Tekapo in New Zealand, and the lagoon on Muri Beach in the Cook Islands.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 21 November 2008 at 20:29 , Blogger Saadia said...

Hi!

Great shot. Though I'm shivering at the thought of the cold...

I posted a few of my own - albeit taken from moving vehicles, so you'll have to spare me that much. Do check them out at http://saadiam.blogspot.com/2008/11/dichotomies-in-appreciation.html.

And nice blog. I think I'm the first official follower. I also have you on my blogroll.

Cheers!

 
At 21 November 2008 at 20:53 , Blogger Alex @ The Travel Blurb said...

It really was bitterly cold. I was looking at your photos of Pakistan and I didn't realise it was as green as that. Some good shots there.

Your are my first follower but you are looking pretty lonely there. Glad you like the blog - thought I would give it a shot now I have something to talk about. Hope you read this - I was not sure where to post it.

 
At 21 November 2008 at 21:05 , Blogger Saadia said...

Quick response! Oh, I am lonely, but I am pretty sure that it is only a matter of time. Are you new to blogging? My 'Musings' was born not too long ago, in this very month. Gradually, I'm getting clicks. The first week was very painful.

I'm quite fond of travelling (though budget constraints have the better of me mostly), so I instantly picked you up.

Since you keep a travel blog of your own, I would recommend you to comment on that photo blog of mine. In the process, you might generate some traffic from there too.

I'll shortly be putting up another post of interest to you - hopefully - on the city of Amsterdam.

 
At 21 November 2008 at 21:57 , Blogger Alex @ The Travel Blurb said...

I will keep my eyes on your blog. Its good to know someone is getting clicks. I have not had one yet but will be exciting when I do. I did receive $0.01 from adsense today without a click which i thought was quite special. I wont be spending it all at once :P

 
At 21 November 2008 at 22:10 , Blogger Saadia said...

Haha, I personally feel that bloggers should help each other out, and be conscientious. If I like your blog, the least I can do - aside from participating - is to look for any ads of interest, and click. A little token for another's hard work, is how I see it.

 
At 25 November 2008 at 00:22 , Blogger Mark H said...

Whata moody capture of these great falls. It's good to see a different photo of such a well-known and familiar location.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home